Quantcast
 

RESULTS HOME SERVICES

TERMITE & PEST CONTROL SPECIALISTS

  • Robert Bate

Rains Will Often Bring The Ants Inside




April has been a very wet month for Brisbane residence, and with the rain, many people are starting to see an increase in pest activity around their home. Over the past few weeks, we have had many people unsure of how to eliminate these new residences. On the first appearance, these visitors are easily exterminated, and the problem is sorted. Often this is not always so.

There are two common catalysts for pest activity, these being heat and rain. It is common to see an increase in ants in the spring and summer months as they forage for food and water to sustain their colony. It is also common to see ants comes inside during heavy rains - like humans, ants want a safe, dry place to live. Ants will get out of the rain any way possible, which invariable means finding shelter in your home. Through cracks in windows, gaps between bricks, spaces in floorboards in the house are just a few ways to gain access.


If you start to see a few ants and with a quirt of the fly spray, they are gone, and then a few hours later they are back again, it could be possible that you have the beginning of an ant problem. Often you will only see 10% of an ant colony; these are the ones scouting for food. The other 90% are often in another part of your home, building their nest and enjoying their new, dry home.


While many DIY remedies will, on the surface, help control a black ant problem, the most effective and often the less time-consuming way is to hire a pest control specialist. With the correct products and expertise of trained pest control technicians, we can ensure your home does not become permanently overrun by ants.

How we treat ants

Once upon a time, ants were tough to control, but thanks to advances in chemical technology, we can reliably and safely control ants around your home. We offer our Termidor Ant Treatment, which uses the latest in chemical technology to prevent black ants from invading your home.

During a Termidor ant treatment, our trained and certified pest control expert will take the time to inspect and evaluate what type of ant is infesting your home and where the problem originates. They then can devise a treatment plan according to your home's specific needs.

For more information about our Termidor Ant Treatment, call Results Home Services now on 3823 2500 and speak to one of our friendly staff about how we can make your home ant-free again. We service all of Brisbane and surrounding suburbs.